A great opportunity brought to you by my Careers colleagues at Glasgow and the University of Glasgow School of Education!
After an extremely successful first year, the ‘Education Careers Day’ is back! This annual event has been developed by students and staff at the University of Glasgow, for student teachers, from BEd and PGDE programmes from any university, and early career teachers who are teaching anywhere in Scotland. Securing full-time employment post probation is becoming increasingly difficult, as competition for teaching posts grows in Scotland. With this in mind, our event has been designed to provide you with the kind of information and skills you will need to set yourself apart from the rest.
Over the course of the afternoon a range of workshops and talks will help you to:
- Reflect on making the most of the beginning years in your teaching career
- Improve your interview and CV-writing skills for teaching posts
- Learn what senior managers look for in post-probationary applicants
- Discover alternative careers (some in education, some outside)
- Explore opportunities for developing…
View original post 421 more words